How do I obtain my DD 214

If you were a resident of Iowa at the time of your discharge, you may contact the Iowa Department of Veteran Affairs at 800-838-4692 to find out if it’s on file and request a copy. If you were a resident of another state you will have to contact that state’s Department of Veterans Affairs.

If you have ever filed a copy of your DD 214 at the Marshall County Offices, you can request a copy of your DD 214 from the County Veteran Affairs or Recorder Offices:

  • The Recorders Office can be reached at 641-754-6355. If you filed in another county you can contact those county offices
  • The Veteran Affairs office can be reached at 641-754-6335.
  • For other Military Service Records you can make request through the National Archives.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find out more information on Healthcare
2. How do I schedule transportation to the VA in Des Moines
3. What Compensations are available to me?
4. How do I obtain my DD 214
5. How do I become a driver